Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Snow

Snow is the title of the book I'm reading right now. I've not digested enough of it to talk about it here.

But I'm in Weston, MA right now (a woodsy place outside of Boston) and they got TONS of snow yesterday. I'm not going out in it.

I was in Boston last year in January and it was the coldest winter in 17 years. I promised myself that I wouldn't make the same mistake and go to Boston in January ever again. I told myself that I'd go somewhere warm and sunny and green in January if I needed to take a trip. Funny how those promises I make to myself are the easiest ones to break.

I gotta learn how to make my own weather. You might think I mean that in some metaphorical, psychological sense, but you're wrong this time. I'm talking about some Dr. Evil / Mr. Burns make my own weather kinda thing. It'll be just right, I promise.

2 comments:

sparklestone said...

You know, I have one simple request, and that is to have some decent friggin' serotonin levels. Honestly, throw me a bone here!

Anonymous said...

Whether we will work with weather while we wish we weren't, we won't waste wintery woodsy walks waiting while warmer winds wind whistfully where we were.9