Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

It has come to this

This weekend's itenerary:

Friday night: cook dinner and eat with my husband's parents. They are funny, intelligent, interesting, and entertaining people and it's a pleasure to spend time with them. They don't even read this blog and I still say those things about them. Definitely the highlight of the weekend.

Saturday: the area expected big snow, so we took the dog to the P-A-R-K (can't say it, he knows that word) when it was just snowing a little to let him get rid of some energy. Then to grocery store where we bought groceries as though we wouldn't be able to leave the house for 4 days -- it was mostly eggs, coffee, cheese, and wine. Then we watched some Star Trek; exercised a bit; watched some more S.T.; watched Anchor Man; more S.T.; fell asleep watching SNL.

Sunday: did some work (yep, for my job) while sitting in my PJ's; shovelled some snow; finally got dressed and went to the store to buy stuff for my job.

I might not be the most boring person in the world, but I think I'm a contender. The kicker is that I'm not even upset about it... I am what I am and this weekend is what it is. How can I live this way? Why is this OK for me now? It's gotta be because my life is so good that I don't have to honkey-tonkin' to chase down something that I don't have. I've got it and it's at all at home.

3 comments:

Sylow_P said...

The only part I'm having trouble with is the doing work on a sunday bit. Isn't that a little MCB-ish? Whatever happened to "I've gone to school too long to work on weekends"?

sparklestone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sparklestone said...

Miss Kate said...
Everyone has his or her own El Guapo. For some, El Guapo is a tennis player from East High named Gunnar. For others, it's a snotty student council geek from Cy-Fair.


Now it is out there in the world. Do tell!