Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

January 5

When I was in 1st grade and she was in preschool, someone gave her a Sesame Street alarm clock. It was in the shape of a school house and the clock face was set in the school house like you'd expect it to be. Sitting on the steps of the school house were Big Bird, Ernie, Oscar, and Little Bird. We slept in the same bed then because we were little kids and she liked to talk me to sleep at nite. When the alarm clock went off in the morning, it was Big Bird saying,
"Good morning, it's me, your friend, Big Bird. The old school house clock says, 'It's time to get up!' Ernie and Little Bird and Oscar and I hope you have a nice day. Now brush your teeth, wash your face, and don't forget to wind the clock!" When Big Bird finished his speech, the clock would make a cha-click noise and would start it all over again. When we had memorized the speech, cha-click and all, we used it to bug our mother on many occasions.

She is my sister and I will do anything for her.



January 5 is what we call Sammy Love Day.
6 years ago today, Harris and I brought home our dog. That night, we asked ourselves many times, "How can something so little smell so bad?" We still ask a variation on that question, except he's not little any more.
He is spoiled and stinky, but he's still the best dog you'd ever want to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had that alarm clock! I loved it! Until I got a little older, decided it was for "babies" and sold it at a garage sale. Bummer. Of course NOW I'd love to have it. Go fig.