Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Saving medical education

68 degrees, sunny, all the flowering trees in full bloom.

I think I'll go spend the best part of my day inside a dark conference room, saving medical education.

You see, my business partner and I are really good at what we do and people know it. So when the big boss at our Prestigious Medical Center asked us to make a presentation at an international conference about something that we do that he's never even seen before, well, we couldn't say no. It's not that we couldn't say no because it's such a great opportunity, it's that he's the big boss and neither of us are so good that we can tell the boss, "No."

So today, instead of enjoying Spring, or instead of getting a lot of work done on our house, I went and saved Medical Education. You can thank me later.

By the way, it is my goal to be my own big boss and to be so good that I can say, "You know what? Sunday really isn't a good day for me. What else ya got?"

7 comments:

sparklestone said...

You guys volunteered to do this?? I would require compensation.

Miss Kate said...

No, we didn't volunteer. The big boss "invited" us to do this... it wasn't a question of requiring compensation, but a question of keeping the existing compensation flowing in.

Sylow_P said...

Yeah, every now and then I have this incredible urge to not only blog at work, but to blog about work.

I'm sure I would get lots of comments, and most people would find it amusing. The problem is everytime I sit down to write about some ignorant toad I work with I hear SB reminding me of our nasty paycheck addiction.

Maybe when I get tenure...

Miss Kate said...

Yep, that paycheck addiction is what keeps me from following my dream of living the life of a student again. The schedule is great, but the pay stinks.

I just calculated today that I only have about 5 years of student loan payments left. I've decided that the month after my last SL payment, I'm going to take that payment amount and throw a big ol' party! Mark your calendars: September 2010 will be here before you know it!

Sylow_P said...

I remember when I first realized that my annual income was finally bigger than my student loans. It was a very proud moment. Since that was only three years ago I should have my loans paid off around 2032.

sparklestone said...

2010. That's the year I get that $1,000 for saying "sebago" to my old friend Geoff.

We can have a HUGE party!

Scott said...

If it makes you feel any better I've spent the ENTIRE weekend working on a final project for a database course I'm taking. Beautiful sunny weather and I'm stuck in front of the computer.