Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Who let this movie happen?

Why didn't anyone tell me that Happy Feet is the worst movie made in my lifetime? Sparky and I just finished watching it - barely. I lost count of how many messages contradicted themselves - or how long I waited for the movie to actually begin...

And if anyone understands exactly what age group or target audience this movie was aiming for, please fill me in... The movie goes back and forth from lame musical-style music video -> scary predators who promise to return, but never trouble us again -> to all kinds of ethnic stereotyping that would make Jar Jar Binks blush -> torture scenes where an old penguin gets strangled -> to a movie with a mission... and then back to, "Dance, I said!"

My head hurts and I want my 108 minutes back. I would do something that would make my head hurt less than what just happened... like maybe hit my head against the wall. clunk. clunk. clunk.

No comments: