Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Joy (and pain)

Starting at 3 p.m. EST today, I am officially between jobs until 8:30 a.m. Monday morning. Tomorrow, my plan is, "I ain't gettin, I aint gettin outta bed today."

Today my headache is that I am between PDA's. I am a librarian at heart who believes that I don't have to remember everything, I just need to remember how to find it. PDAs have been a salve to my soul since Sparkle bought me my first one for my birthday 5 years ago. Since then, I've owned or operated no fewer than 4 devices, but I had to return my latest companion to my workplace this week. When I reset the thing, I felt like my brain had fallen out of my head.

Sparkle is very kind to lend me his PDA, which he got as a hand-me-down from his boss a year ago. It's not quite the same model as my last love and a far cry from the device I expect I'll be working with soon.

It took 5 minutes to "backup handheld databases." Good thing I don't have much on my agenda this weekend. If I did, I sure wouldn't know about it.

5 comments:

mary bishop said...

Oh sweet pea, I can understand...but truly, it's not knowing in your head all you want to know-- but exactly what *you* said: knowing where to find it.

Relax you are between jobs (ha! for a few hours...)..so the only PDA you should think about is planting a big one on Sparky at the mall tomorrow...do it!

Miss Kate said...

Hey MB, we didn't make it to the mall today, but at the diner eating our 11:30 a.m. brekkie, Sparkle sat next to me in the booth. We were dining alone, so that was pretty sweet.

Unknown said...

MB! Oh you stinker. You took my line. damnitall.

Well, MissKate: Enjoy your device. I am making smooth use of mine these days. No pun.

Cheerio and all that!

mary bishop said...

Hope the job is working out for you Miss Kate --

LB - our minds work alike..PDA for me is Public Display of Affection...(I'm a low tech gal)

Anonymous said...

hey did you know you can get a free ipod pretty easily?
just go to www.getipodsforfree.com, sign up and do an offer