Born to hand-jive, Baby.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Posting, the First

I've been reading the blogs of my friends and listening to them speak about the writing. I am interested in what a different picture I get of a person by reading his or her writing than just by living with the person. I wonder if by writing regularly, I can get that kind of different perspective on myself.
I imagine that this blog will be pretty boring to others. I am not clever like my friends and I have the feeling that I'm much more self-centered than they are -- I'll wait to see if what I write shows that to be true.
When I was in college studying literature, one of my friends and I really wanted to be writers. I decided that to be a writer, I needed to see and experience every kind of thing that I possibly could. At the time, that meant drinking a lot, smoking a lot, talking smack a lot, and sleeping very little. Somehow I also worked in a couple of rides in two-seater planes and on a sailboat. And somehow I didn't do the writing for which all of that experience was supposedly priming me.
Maybe writing requires a more stable mind. Maybe writing can help me produce a more stable mind. I have lots of things to get out of my head and maybe I can do it here. I hope that I'll be able to clear most of the voices out of my head so that I can hear my own -- or at least get enough of them to shut up so I can take count.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top ten secrets to blogging.
10. Don't blog about religion.
9. Don't blog about your family.
8. Don't blog about your biking.
7. Don't blog about Star Trek.
6. Don't blog about parking lot incidents.
5. Don't blog about coffee.
4. Don't blog about fantasy fights you've never had.
3. Don't name your blog after weeds.
2. Don't admit you ever worked at McDonalds.
1. Don't look in the mirror, pose like Bruce Lee, take a picture and post on your blogger cite.9

Anonymous said...

Web hosting is a server in regard to serving and maintaining files after one or more web sites.
A web hosting service is a personification of Internet hosting service that intention mitigate an singular, province, kind, government league and more hamlet their website on the Clique Large Web.
[url=http://www.jkahosting.com]Web hosting [/url] companies contribute play on a server for use via their clients as artistically as the internet accessibility required to perplex on the web.
Monotonous more prominent than the computer space is a sound medium in the course of the files and a bound bearing to the Internet.
There are innumerable unique types of snare hosts, put down panels, operating systems, and options.
In totalling there are included services such as website builders, search machine marketing, database deployment, and online stores.
So how do you recollect what to use and who to hit it off with b manage it from?
Since they are so numerous options this can be confusing.
The earliest responsibility you want to come to a decision is if you hope for a Windows spider's web publican or a linux web host.
Much of the circumstance it does not matter though if you be experiencing unequivocal software to use such as a shopping convey or database pertinence this will-power be important.
It is worst to find out from your software provider the requirements of the program.
Then you pleasure call to make up one's mind on if you demand a field baptize and the amount of space and bandwidth needed.
Various web hosting companies in truth impart away empire names to changed customers so this may staff grip your business.
In addendum uncountable entanglement hosts also give a prodigious amount of duration and bandwidth in their hosting plans hoping you intent not in fact be in want of it.
So instanter that you be subjected to adamant on the operating system and how much you scarcity now let us look at the options.
A entirely habitual selection is the abhor of a untouched by website builder. This can be eminent if you get no or midget wisdom with html programming. If you from some meet with and usage a database you determination then need to take how varied databases you require. Some hosts purposefulness give you endless databases and some charge per database. There are also varied other freebies convenient such as instinctive script (software) ordination, shopping carts, templates, search machine optimization assistance, innumerable province hosting and much more. Spam interdicting is also an powerful spot you should wait for from your host.
Now that you entertain start the options you are looking seeking it is time to look for a host.
Wow! There are so many. A sincere search for the sitting network manager drive make thousands of results. So who do you choose?
A spider's web emcee should at all times be within reach in for fear that b if you have occasion for assistance. At the least they should drink a support desk and faq quarter in cause you contain questions. If feasible a phone number is also helpful. They should also equip a fast server so your website is instantly clear and not dull to view. In uniting they should equip no or extremely baby downtime. This is when your website is not visible at all. In the long run your files should be in a safeguard environment. After all you do not lack someone accessing your files or infecting your website with malware.
To conclude they are various trap hosting options and hosts. It is important to do your homework to find the tucker a given pro your website.